- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of Sun-Maid raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (easier for clean up)
- In a medium size bowl mix the first 4 ingredients together and set aside.
- In another medium size bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Add the egg and beat again making sure everything is well mixed.
- With a spoon mix the wet and dry ingredients together well.
- Add the raisins mixing again.
- With a soup spoon measure out the cookie dough (making a rounded ball) and place on the parchment paper.
- Press each cookie with the back of the spoon.
- Place in the oven for 14 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Serve and ENJOY!
This recipe will make 20 - 24 cookies.