I've been collecting frozen bananas for a few months and wanted to use some of them up today by making 2 loaves of banana bread. Whenever I bake just one loaf it goes so fast and everyone says why didn't you make more. Well today I did just that.
My recipe is your basic banana bread but I would have added nuts to the mix if I'd had some.
Here is the recipe that I used.
- 5 frozen and thawed bananas
- 2/3 cup of softened (room temperature) butter
- 1+ 3/4 cups of white sugar
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 cups of all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 good pinches of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Remove peels from the bananas and set into a medium size bowl.
- Mash the bananas and add the butter mixing well.
- Next add the sugar and vanilla mixing well again.
- Beat the eggs and then add to the wet mixture mixing well.
- In a larger bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt mixing well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and beat well.
- Add equal amounts to each pan and set in the oven for 60 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and cool for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pans and cool on a rack.
- Slice and ENJOY!
Linking up to +Ruchira Khanna over at ABRACABADRA for Wordless Wednesday.