Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Banana Bread on Wordless Wednesday



I've been collecting frozen bananas for a few months and wanted to use some of them up today by making 2 loaves of banana bread. Whenever I bake just one loaf it goes so fast and everyone says why didn't you make more. Well today I did just that.

My recipe is your basic banana bread but I would have added nuts to the mix if I'd had some.

Here is the recipe that I used.

Ingredients

  • 5 frozen and thawed bananas
  • 2/3 cup of softened (room temperature) butter
  • 1+ 3/4 cups of white sugar
  • 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 3 cups of all purpose unbleached flour
  • 2 tsp. of baking soda
  • 2 good pinches of salt
Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grease 2 loaf pans.
  3. Remove peels from the bananas and set into a medium size bowl.
  4. Mash the bananas and add the butter mixing well.
  5. Next add the sugar and vanilla mixing well again.
  6. Beat the eggs and then add to the wet mixture mixing well.
  7. In a larger bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt mixing well.
  8. Add the wet mixture to the dry and beat well. 
  9. Add equal amounts to each pan and set in the oven for 60 minutes or until done.
  10. Remove from the oven and cool for ten to fifteen minutes.
  11. Remove the bread from the pans and cool on a rack.
  12. Slice and ENJOY!


Linking up to +Ruchira Khanna over at ABRACABADRA for Wordless Wednesday.




12 comments:

  1. We're big banana bread lovers here too so there are always bananas collecting in my freezer. Try to enjoy yours before the family dives in and devours them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana bread is one of those things I love to eat, but have never tried to cook. My baking of banana bread usually consits of saying, "I want some banana bread!" to one of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been ages since I have baked banana bread but the smell of yours fresh out of the oven is enticing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy!
    love it and can smell it till here ;)

    Pleasure for the link up, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought about freezing bananas. Good idea! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have bananas kicking around in my freezer.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.