An easy to follow recipe using hot Italian sausage where everything can be prepared ahead of time and cooked 20 minutes before serving. This one skillet dish will serve 3-5 people.
- 6 Hot Italian sausages cooked and sliced.
- Uncle Ben's or Minute Rice (Follow package directions for 6 servings)
- 1 Tbs. of Canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large cooking onion chopped
- 1 large garlic clove diced
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. of Italian seasoning
- Slap Ya Mama white pepper blend seasoning (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Ahead of time cook your sausage and rice. Set aside. If not making right away refrigerate the sausage.
- When you're ready to start cooking, in a large electric frying pan (or large stovetop skillet) heat your oil.
- To the oil add the onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Next add the sausage slices and continue to cook and stir.
- Spoon out the diced tomatoes using a bit of the juice and add to the skillet.
- Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, ground pepper, and Slap Ya Mama.
- Add cooked rice and cook until everything is heated through.
- Serve and ENJOY!