|By Len Rizzi|
The Healthier Choice
Hamburgers fried or barbecued are good, but lately the best way I like them cooked is Foremanized. You may be wondering what the heck foremanized is. Cooking on a George Foreman Grill of course. With this method of cooking I get to eat a hamburger, do not have to worry as much about the fat content, therefore feeling less guilty about eating a burger, and I can see all that grease escape and collect in the handy dandy grease catchers under the grill.
Best Things About Using This Grill
- The taste is great.
- Food cooks faster than in the frying pan or on the barbecue.
- I can use it all year round right on the kitchen counter.
- No more treading through the snow in the winter to brush off the barbecue.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 8 min
Ready in: 18 min
Yields: Serves 4 people
Not Just For Hamburgers
I use my George Foreman grill quite a bit for other foods as well. Steaks, pork chops, lamb chops, shrimp and vegetables. The list is endless to what you can make on these grills.
One of my favorite things to cook on this grill would be vegetables.
Grilled Vegetables Ingredients
- 1 large onion sliced thick
- 1 large green pepper cut in chunks
- 1 large red pepper cut in chunks
- 6 mushrooms sliced thick
- 1 zucchini sliced thick
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Slap Ya Mama or any type of seasoning you prefer
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl making sure everything is covered with the oil.
- Heat your grill, then place contents of the bowl on the grill and close and cook for about 6-8 minutes.
FOOD COOKED AT 360F DEGREES
Burgers 3/4" Thick
Burgers 1" Thick
Frozen Burgers 3/4" Thick
Frozen Burgers 1" Thick`
Frozen Chicken Breast
Sausages 1/2" Thick
T-Bone Steak 3/4" Thick
4 - 5 minutes