When I first went on my low carb diet I made mashed cauliflower one day and my family absolutely loved it. They said that it was better than having mashed potatoes. Last night I switched up the recipe a bit and it was all gobbled up before my eyes.
|Ready to Eat|
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese (doesn't have to be white)
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 very large clove of garlic grated into a paste
- 1/8 cup of cream (I used 1/2 & 1/2 10% cream)
- pepper to taste
- Start by cutting the cauliflower into small flowerettes and place in a large pot with water. Boil until cauliflower is cooked and soft.
- While the cauliflower is cooking shred the cheese and grate the garlic.
- Mash the cauliflower and add the grated cheese stirring well.
- Add the grated garlic stirring again.
- Next comes the cream. Be sure to stir.
- Add the ground pepper.
- Serve and ENJOY!