|Chicken Chipotle Fajitas served with a side of rice.|
- 5 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ground cumin
- cilantro flakes
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of chipotle hot sauce
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips and set in a dish for marinating.
- Season the chicken with cumin and cilantro flakes coating well.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil and gently toss.
- Coat the chicken with the chipotle hot sauce (you can use less or more depending on your taste) Cover and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
While the chicken is marinating I like to get all of my other ingredients ready to go.
- 1 large green pepper sliced
- 1/2 of a very large sweet white onion sliced thick
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 head of iceberg or romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese grated
- 10 large flour tortillas
For the guacamole I mashed 1 large avocado with 1/4 cup of sweet red onion together with lemon juice, cilantro, and ground cumin.
- When you're ready to cook heat a wok or large frying pan and add the chicken with all the marinade and stir fry until cooked.
- Push the chicken up the side of the wok and add the onion slices. Cook for 3 minutes and then add the green pepper slices. Cook for 3 min or more if you like your green peppers cooked longer.
Construct your fajitas or have everyone make their own. Serve with a side of sour cream, more hot sauce and or salsa. ENJOY!