Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Soup Topper Meatloaf


Meatloaf on a bed of rice with broccoli

Not being a big fan of meatloaf I'm always trying new ways to prepare it in hopes that I will enjoy it someday. My family on the other hand like any kind of meatloaf as long as it's homemade.








This meatloaf was topped with cream of mushroom soup. Next time I may follow this exact recipe using cream of celery soup and maybe change up the meat and use ground turkey or ground chicken.


Ingredients 
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • 1/2 cup of chopped onions
  • 1/2 cup of Ketchup
  • 1/8th tsp. of onion salt (optional)
  • 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
  • 1 TBS of Worcheshire sauce
  • 1 large egg

Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Spray a loaf pan with cooking oil if you're not using a non-stick pan. 
  3. In a bowl mix together ground beef, onions, Ketchup, onion salt, garlic powder, Worcheshire sauce, raw egg, and breadcrumbs.
  4. Press everything into your loaf pan and place in your oven for 30 minutes. 
  5. After 30 minutes, remove the pan from oven and carefully drain. Spoon the soup right from the can on top of the meatloaf and place back in the oven for another 30 minutes. 
  6. Remove from oven, serve, and ENJOY!

Did I like the meatloaf? Yes, as I was eating my dinner I was wishing I'd have made two loaves. 

The perfect loaf pan for meatloaf, a black bean casserole, to name a few, or if you bake bread.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.