I love homemade macaroni and cheese but hubby doesn't really care for it. Today I decided I'd try something different to tempt him.
What you'll need for this delicious comfort food.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef cooked and drained
- 400 grams of Tortiglioni pasta (uncooked) or pasta of your choice
- 1 can of whole tomatoes
- 3 - 4 cups of shredded old cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by boiling your pasta.
- Fry the beef and sprinkle generously with garlic powder. Drain and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and rinse under cold water.
- In the bottom of a casserole dish add the pasta.
- Mix in the ground beef.
- Next cut the tomatoes in half and gently mix into the macaroni mixture.
- Pour half of the tomato juice over the top.
- Gently mix in about half of the cheese.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover and set in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove covering and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with salt and pepper and ENJOY!
This Pampered Chef casserole dish is one of the best investments I've made. You can cook everything from pasta to chickens and roasts in it and they always come out fantastic.