Monday, July 3, 2017

Flatbread With Pesto, Veggies, and Gouda Cheese

Whenever I go out to a restaurant that has flatbread on the menu I usually order it as an appetizer. I'm addicted to it. Because I like it so much I decided to make some at home.

I'm proud to say that it came out delicious! Next time I'll have to make more as it disappeared quite quickly.




Ingredients

  • 2 Naan Flatbreads
  • 1/2 red pepper chopped
  • 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
  • 1/2 sweet onion chopped
  • 6 mushrooms sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves sliced
  • Gouda cheese (or cheese of your choice) grated about a cup
  • 3 green onions chopped
  • Pesto sauce
  • Olive oil


Instructions

  1. In a small pan add just enough olive oil to coat the pan.
  2. Over medium heat add the chopped sweet onions and cook about 4 min.
  3. To the pan add the sliced garlic, then the chopped peppers, and finally the

    mushrooms
  4. You just want to cook the veggies long enough to soften them a bit
  5. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  6. Place the Naan bread on a cookie sheet and lightly brush with olive oil
  7. Next spread a thin layer of pesto sauce onto the bread
  8. Next comes the cooked veggies
  9. Top with your grated cheese and pop into the oven
  10. Cook until the cheese is all melted
  11. Remove from the oven, top with green onions, and let sit 5 min. before slicing
  12. Serve and ENJOY!







6 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I might make more of it, and have it as dinner, it would be a good meatless meal. Thanks Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

      Delete

  2. This sounds delicious.I have not tried Naan bread yet. Thanks for sharing your recipe Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thelma, Yesterday was the first time I'd bought Naan bread and I found it quite good.

      Delete
  3. Oh!! Susan this sounds wonderful!! and something that I know I'd love!! I'm with you I love anything on flatbread. Thanks for another great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, I have a feeling you'd really like this recipe. Please let me know if you try it.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.