The aroma that comes from this chicken dish while cooking will drive your tastebuds crazy with hunger.
We're big garlic fans in my family and it seems like we can never get enough of it. If you want to you can cut back on the amount of cloves you use in this dish.
- 4 - 6 Chicken breasts (bone in)
- 3/4 cups of chicken broth (I used 1 Knorr chicken flavored bouillon cube mixed with boiling water)
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 5 large garlic cloves pressed
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. of dried chives
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
Making your marinade.
- In a medium size bowl press the garlic cloves into the chicken broth and balsamic vinegar (cool first if you make the broth the way I did)
- Next add the Italian seasoning, thyme, rosemary and chives.
- Whisk in the brown sugar.
- Place the chicken breasts in a ziplock bag or in a marinating dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate for at least an hour and a half.
Let's Get Cooking
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts into an oven safe dish sprayed with cooking oil (makes cleanup easier)
- Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts and place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes depending on the size of the breasts, or until an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and set the breasts on a platter covering with foil until you are ready to serve.