Remembering back to when my sons were younger, they'd always love French toast for breakfast. It's one of the easiest breakfasts to make. I started craving this and thought why not have it for lunch. The following recipe will make 3 pieces. If you want to make more simply add more eggs and milk.
Sorry but I forgot to measure the milk. It would be about as much as if you were making an omelette.
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 TBS. of milk
- 1/4 tsp. of vanilla (optional)
- 3 slices of bread
- maple syrup, jam, or icing sugar
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture. Flip the bread over to get the mixture on the other side.
- Place each piece in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Cook for approx 3 min and flip over to do the other side.
- Remove from frying pan and serve on a plate.
- I used maple syrup and served with fresh strawberries.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Do you like French toast?