Saturday, March 11, 2017

Lamb Shoulder Chops with Garlic and Rosemary



If lamb wasn't so expensive I'd probably make it once a week. Shoulder lamb chops are my preference over lamb chops because they are larger (more meat) and less expensive. When I make them I'm usually feeding 3-4 grown men with big appetites. 
Marinating the chops for a few hours before broiling or grilling them not only packs a powerful flavor but tenderizes them as well.
Lamb has been one of my favorite meats since I was a child. I find most people either like lamb or they don't. There doesn't seem to be too many people that say, I can take them or leave them.
I use a lot of garlic in this recipe due to the fact that I'm a garlic lover. If you're not, I suggest cutting back on the amount that you use in the following recipe.
Since discovering how much I enjoy rosemary with chicken I thought that I'd use it in this recipe. No one was disappointed in dinner. 
My Dad's favorite meal was lamb chops and we would always have lamb on Father's Day. 
  • Prep time: 15 min.
  • Cook time: 2 hours 30 min.
  • Ready in: 2 hours 45 min.
  • Yields: 4 people 2 chops each

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup plus 1 TBS of extra virgin olive oil
  • 20 cranks of fresh ground pepper
  • 5 large garlic cloves pressed
  • 1 TBS of dried rosemary or 1 1/2 TBS of fresh cut into 1/2 - 1" pieces
  • 8 lamb shoulder chops

Instructions

  1. In a small bowl combine the extra virgin olive oil, and fresh ground pepper.
  2. Cut your garlic cloves into several pieces and press into the bowl.
  3. Add the rosemary, and whisk everything together really well.
  4. Place the lamb into a marinating dish and add the marinade onto each chop.
  5. With the back of a spoon rub the marinade into the chops.
  6. Cover and refrigerate until ready to broil.
  7. Preheat your oven on broil and place the oven rack on the second rung from the top.
  8. Place the chops on a broiler pan and pop into the oven.
  9. Cook until the chops are either rare with an internal temperature of 135 degrees, medium 140 - 150, or well done at 165.
  10. Remove from the oven, serve and ENJOY.

Do you like lamb?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.