Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Green Leafy Lettuce Salad with Avocado and Parmesan

I'd never before tried green leafy lettuce so figured it was about time that I did. After buying it I thought about what might go well with this gorgeous head of red and green lettuce, and the following recipe is what I came up with.

Salad Before Dressing Added

Ingredients
  • 1/2 head of green leafy lettuce washed dried and ripped into bite size pieces
  • 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
  • lemon juice
  • garlic powder
  • 2 Tbs. of roasted red peppers
  • 4 thinly sliced red onion slices
  • Baby Parmesan cheese thinly sliced (as little or as much as you like)
  • 1/8 cup of sunflower seeds
  • Salad dressing (I used Renee's Sweet Onion Vinaigrette) 

 Instructions 
Tear up your lettuce

Prepare the avocado

Toss and coat with lemon juice and garlic powder

Add avocado to the lettuce and gently toss


Add the roasted red peppers and gently toss
Add the sliced red onions



I use a vegetable peeler for my parmesan 
Add the parmesan cheese and toss gently

Just before you're ready to eat add your salad dressing and sunflower seeds.
Serve and ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. when will I get invited for dinner???? Looks good you are the best !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know you'd love this salad. Invite will come soon, I promise :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that salad looks good. All the salad in my area has look yuck all winter long. Your pictures make me hungry for a salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's this one store called Country Produce that I love to go to for my salad fixings. It's a bit more expensive than the grocery stores but so well worth it in taste, and longevity.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here.